The medical humanitarian organisation Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Hong Kong is looking for a talented individual with a strong desire to work in an international NGO as a
Public Awareness and Engagement Officer (part-time, based in Manila)
Reporting to the Senior Communications Officer, this position is responsible for planning and organizing MSF events, for public or target sectors, to reinforce or support public awareness-raising objectives, campaigns, recruitment and operations support. The position will support in building up and strengthening the image of the organisation and enhance understanding of and engagement with the public.
- Ensure a smooth production of MSF-HK events in the Philippines.
- Plan and coordinate event organisation and to make sure those events are organised in the framework of MSF’s strategy for enhanced engagement with the public and target segments of the society in the Philippines
- Ensure public events are being well promoted to optimize publicity within limited budget
- Supervise and handle the relevant human resources management event volunteers, or at times event assistant of specific events
- Contribute in the development and implementation of a strategy for building and strengthening the linkages of MSF with medical and non-medical communities, relevant NGOs, potential supporters and the general public
The Ideal Candidate:
- University graduate
- Minimum 2 years’ solid work experience in the field of event management, public communications or marketing
- Relevant experience in the execution of small to medium scale event and project coordination; experience in big-scale event execution is desirable
- Sound knowledge in the necessary administrative procedures in the organisation of events
- Resourceful connections with events-related partners and service vendors
- Competence in working with advertising agency, design houses and contractors
- Detail-oriented with strong multitasking and organisational skills
- Sound negotiating and presentation skill
- Independent and able to work remotely
- Ability to act as team player
- Ability to work under pressure and to respect deadlines
- Knowledge in medical sector landscape and civil society is an advantage
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Clear commitment to the aims and values of MSF
FOR FULL JD, download here: https://goo.gl/r6PTPL
How to apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with current and expected salary and date of availability by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 19 January 2017. Applicants not invited for interview within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence.