Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong is looking for a suitable individual (base in Hong Kong) with a strong desire to work in an international NGO as a
Human Resources Officer – Recruitment and Career Management
The MSF Hong Kong Field HR team finds its mandate in attracting potential field workers from the different societies in Southeast Asia and Greater China and facilitates them to join MSF for overseas missions while guiding them through their MSF career. The number of field workers managed by MSF Hong Kong averages around 50 recruits and 170 departures per year.
The Field HR team carries out various activities which include labour market analysis, attraction, recruitment & selection, mission placements, training and development, career management and regional peer networking in Southeast Asia and Greater China region.
This position is based in Hong Kong and reports directly to the Field Human Resources Manager.
The major responsibilities are:
- Plan and execute attraction and lobbying activities with relevant organizations; recruitment and selection in the Greater China and South East Asian region.
- Ensure mission placements for MSF Hong Kong field workers in a timely fashion.
- Career Management by providing career guidance support to field workers which includes identifying and securing suitable trainings and advising on career paths.
- Contribute to the strategic development and retention of our field workers in the region.
- Working in close collaboration with Communication and Fundraising and other relevant departments both in the region and in HQ
- Travelling across the region to places like Singapore, China, Taiwan, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, etc. and Europe for events like Labour Market Communication, Assessment Centers, Trainings, Workshops, Sharings and Meetings
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Human Resources Management or Medical fields with a minimum of 4 years’ work experience of which 2 years in recruitment and HR/people management
- Familiar with the Southeast Asian Region in terms of manpower sourcing
- Proficient in the use of English language (written and spoken) and preferably Mandarin
- Experience as a field worker, with MSF or other INGO, is preferred
- Good communication and presentation skills, networking & building relationships and cross cultural awareness
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Service orientation
- Behavioral flexibility and able to manage stress
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Willing to undertake frequent travel and to work outside a 9-6 schedule
How to Apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with current and expected salary and date of availability by e-mail to email@example.com. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence.