Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong is looking for a talent with a strong background in managing events and a desire to further the organisation’s aims to fill the following position based in Hong Kong:
Reporting directly to the Director of Communications, the major responsibilities of this position are:
- Lead & manage the development of the overall promotion strategies for event production and deployment across MSF HK audiences.
- Develop life cycle management (new vs existing, ad hoc vs recurring) & plan the contents, messaging, timeframe and format of the events with cost & resources control throughout the year
- Work with and be the focal point with other MSF sections to share concepts, tools and resources
- Lead necessary evaluation of events in consultation with relevant parties & conduct constant market landscape and competitor analysis
- Establish and maintain solid working relations with relevant sponsors, media partners, advertising agencies, vendors (inc. designing houses and telemarketing companies) and other groups and/or associations
- Coordinate with contractors and vendors in arranging transportation, set-up and dismantle of events
The Ideal Candidate
- University graduate with a minimum of 7 years’ solid work experience in the field of public communications, marketing or fundraising with at least two of those in manager/supervisory role
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Relevant experience in the execution of large scale public events and project coordination, preferably with MSF or other NGOs
- Sound knowledge in the necessary administrative procedures in the organization of public events
- Excellent team spirit and leadership skills with ability to work independently
- Strong organizational, project, cost management and negotiating skills
- Product marketing capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to respect deadlines
- Strong interest in world affairs
- Committed to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières
How to Apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to email@example.com by 3rd March 2018. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.