Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong is looking for a suitable individual with a strong desire to work in an international NGO for the following position to be based in Hong Kong:
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the principle accountabilities of this position are as follows:
- Ensure a comprehensive IT Strategy is in place and in line with MSF HK overall vision and long-term development in Hong Kong, Southeast and Asia Pacific region.
- Develop and rollout IT policies with the best practices and requirements from different sources.
- Maintain proper documentations and records in all IT areas, facilitate knowledge succession and transfer.
- Manage and supervise IT team for the daily IT activities, project management, providing technical support and advices to the users, ensuring smooth running and maintenance of all IT hardware and systems.
- Manage, coach and train IT team members, to develop their potential and maximize their abilities.
- Act as a liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the organization.
- Identify structural issues within the organizations, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies, and resolve it in a diplomatic way.
- Recommend the best IT solutions for projects, whatever developed in-house or outsource, with structural analysis and reasoning.
- Work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- Make sure MSF HK works in a secured IT environment with all data protected in a responsible way and high level of compliance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in IT discipline. MBA or master degree in relevant discipline is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in technology implementations with leading overall solution design experience, preferably technical support experience
- Desktop and Project Management Experience is required
- Proficient in computer applications including MS Office and Chinese word processing
- Experience with Amazon Web Service;
- Good sense of security and password hygiene;
- Strong understanding of servers, networking, storage, Linux system administration;
- Experience with DNS, load balancing, failover strategies, Blue-Green and Canary deployments;
- Ability to setup automated monitoring and alerting systems;
- Dedication towards up-time and service-level objectives;
- Experience with log aggregation, analysis and troubleshooting;
- Ability to communicate with multiple teams and IaaS/SaaS vendors effectively;
- CISSP, CISA or other systems auditor certifications would be a nice-to-have
- Practical experience in Social Network Programming/API, Mobile Website Programming/Administration, MS Sharepoint, MS Exchange, Outdoor Event Website Programming are added advantages
- Fluent in Chinese and English
- Good team-player with high flexibility
- Good presentation skill
- Able to work under pressure and to respect deadlines
- Able to work and liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Committed to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières
How to Apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 May 2018. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.