Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong is looking for a suitable individual with a strong desire to work in an international NGO as the
Reporting directly to the President of MSF Hong Kong Board, the Executive Director is responsible for leading MSF Hong Kong in accomplishing its social mission of significantly participating in, and contributing to, the effective provision of medical humanitarian assistance to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters, or exclusion from health care, in accordance with the MSF Charter.
Through establishing a clear vision and strategic planning, the Executive Director ensures that MSF Hong Kong adheres to MSF’s core values and principles, and attains the goals and objectives as agreed upon by the MSF Hong Kong Board.
- Is responsible for ensuring and promoting the effective, efficient, and ethical management of MSF Hong Kong in terms of financial and human resources, as well as developing and upholding the credibility and reputation of MSF’s medical humanitarian work in Hong Kong and the extended Asian region where MSF Hong Kong is actively working in;
- Confer with staff to plan organizational objectives and develop policies, to coordinate functions and operations between divisions and departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives;
- Supervise and lead the Management Team (MT) to guide strategic and day-to-day management of MSF Hong Kong with development of collective decisions;
- Represent MSF Hong Kong to the media, donors and supporters, the governments, policy makers, think tanks, academic institutions, other NGOs, community groups and private companies in collaboration with the President of the Board, other Directors of the Board or selected staff members;
- Steer, lead and coordinate the development, implementation and regular monitoring and evaluation of MSF Hong Kong’s strategic plan, annual plan and budget in synergy with the Operational Center (OCB) and the MSF movement; and
- Strive for the continuation of a meaningful and efficient co-ownership of the OCB, and a coherent and accountable international organization by contributing to MSF debates and strive towards the coherence, pertinence and good continuation of international MSF issues.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 15 years of working experience, with at least 5 years in MSF, preferably in extensive operation center and emergency setting experience;
- Significant senior managerial experience, including managing staff, directing similar organization and/or working at senior level in a large NGO;
- A deep understanding of the humanitarian field, and a strong commitment to the humanitarian principles of MSF;
- Evidence of experience in and knowledge of Asia, as well as a good reading of Asian, and especially Chinese culture;
- An enabler and facilitator with a commitment to working consensually and collaboratively in order to develop and achieve MSF Hong Kong’s goals and objectives;
- Proven experience in fiscal and budget management;
- Ability to foster a creative, professional, collegial, open-door management culture; to empower staff members and encourage staff to challenge assumptions;
- Strong sense of initiative;
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively within Asia, to Europe and elsewhere; and
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
How to apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with current and expected salary and date of availability to the President of MSF Hong Kong Board by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 13 October 2018. In the subject of the email, please write “your name + Executive Director.”
Applicants not invited for interview within 4 weeks after the deadline may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated with strict confidentiality.Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Medecins San Frontieres Hong Kong Limited.