Organize and carry out anesthetic medical activities, according to MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with the surgeon and other medical staff, and increase the knowledge and practical skills of the anesthetic staff through on the job training and knowledge transfer in order to ensure the quality of care provided to patients.
Role of the anesthesiologist :
- Carry out pre-operative consultations evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon, providing the patient with appropriate information and deciding the type of anesthetics to be used, in order to ensure the best conditions prior to the surgery.
- Carry-out all anesthesia related activities during surgery to ensure safe, adequate anesthesia:
1. Preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment required.
2. Administering and maintaining anesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
3. Monitoring patients throughout the intervention.
- Valid degree and current license
- At least 2 years of post-residency clinical experience in anaesthesia
- Training and people management experience highly preferred
- Experience in paediatrics, obstetrics, and trauma anaesthesia; as well as spinal and dissociation anaesthesia (e.g. Ketamine)
- Willingness to work in unstable environments
- Ability to work with limited technical resources e.g. ventilation equipment
- Availability of 8 - 12 weeks
- Adhere to our Behavioral Commitments and MSF Charter
Please refer to this website for details: http://www.anesthesiologist.msf.org