Responsible for the coordination and implementation of awareness-raising and educational campaigns to support the medical activities. The Health Promoter is therefore part of the medical team. The campaign can address different themes in emergency projects (vaccination campaigns, awareness-raising on malnutrition or cholera) or in projects that focus on one medical issue (AIDS, MDRTB, malaria, etc).
Role of Health Promoter
- Assessing knowledge of the target gorup on a health risk and analyzing the context (local culture, traditions, habits, health perception) to adapt health activities and support the social mapping (villages, populations, actors).
- Assessing, developing and adapting HP materials according to the needs of the project. Ensuring content and format have been pre-tested with target groups in order to ensure the adequency, relevance, full understanding of the messages.
- Liaising with other relevant actors (national and INGO, authorities), also involved in prevention activities, analyzing interventions and building cooperative relationships and advocacy, in order to enhance the influence of the campaigns and messages and to improve awareness among the targeted population.
- Master in Social Science, Master in Public Health orientation Health Promotion, Master in Community Health (Nursing Diploma in Community Health)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience (working in health promotion/ education, prevention, community mobilitzation, etc)
- IT knowledge, basic windows environment is a must
- Team management and people management experiences is a must; good communication skills, constructive mindset, creativity, autonomous, able to work under pressure, strong analytical, strategical, supervision and monitoring skills
- Previous work with and NGO is an added value
- Availability of 6 - 12 months for each assignment
- Adhere to our Behavioral Commitments and MSF Charter