MSF works with teams of qualified, specialised, motivated gynecologists/obstetricians who provide high-quality care for patients.
Our maternity units and surgical projects deliver high-quality standardised care (protocols, hygiene, technical platform and medicinal products) and, despite the unstable or remote settings in which we work, MSF provides the appropriate expatriate and local human resources to ensure the provision of high-quality care for patients.
Our need for gynecologists/obstetricians is increasing and crucial for our projects because:
- They contribute their expertise to the overall care of patients.
- They also play a role in training and in sharing expertise with local doctors.
Role of the gynecologist/obstetrician :
- Training the midwives, nurses and local doctors.
- Managing the obstetric procedures in close cooperation with the paramedical and medical team.
- Managing the labour and delivery rooms with the midwives.
- Managing post-partum complications.
- Carrying out patient rounds every day.
- Licensed Obstetrician/Gynaecologist with minimum 2 years of working experience in your field of expertise
- Current or recent practical experience
- Extensive experience in managing prenatal and post-natal check ups
- Knowledge on normal (including the use of partograph) and complicated pregnancy and delivery
- Willingness to work in unstable environments
- Availability of at least 8 - 12 weeks per each assignment
- Adhere to our Behavioral Commitments and MSF Charter
Please refer to this website for details: www.obstetrician-gyneco.msf.org