Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Marketing Officer (Corporate Partnership & Donor Engagement)
Our dynamic Fundraising Department is responsible for raising funds to meet the financial needs of our organization which allows MSF to carry out its mission effectively and efficiently. You will join a dynamic team that is responsible for raising and managing corporate donors. You will manage your own portfolio of corporate donors representing multiple fundraising channels such as corporate sponsorship, philanthropy, employee and matching gifts. Daily functions will include: regular communication with and stewardship of corporate contacts, developing proposals and reports, managing quarterly cultivation processes and other communications from the corporate relations team, answering incoming inquiries, and collaborating with development peers in overlapping areas of interest.
Reporting to the Regional Philanthropy Manager, the major responsibilities of this position are:
- Manage all aspects of cultivation and stewardship of a select portfolio of corporate donors;
- Assist in corporate solicitation and pitching for event sponsorship, monetary contributions, matching gifts programs and in-house fundraising events;
- Engage in networking opportunities to garner introductions to new prospects;
- Assist in marketing, fundraising and lead generation programs to achieve corporate donor engagement;
- Conduct research into new and potential corporate partnerships in Hong Kong and SE Asia and provide information for donor cultivation
- Build knowledge of MSF and international news and regularly attend organizational meetings and internal programs from the field;
- Participate in development of annual plans and strategies to meet MSF priority funding needs aligned with organisational objectives and policies
- Provide general administrative support when required
The Ideal Candidate
- University graduate
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in sales and marketing
- Working experience in NGO sector is a distinct advantage
- Strong interest in humanitarian affairs; commitment to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières
- Proactive personality, with excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively in a range of different styles with different audiences
- Previous experience in prospect research and lead generation programs is an asset
- Strong project management skills, be detail-orientated and able to plan autonomously
- Excellent proficiency in English and Chinese
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Power Point etc.)
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and multi-tasking
How to Apply?
Send us your motivation letter and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected]. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières Hong Kong Limited.