Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. We offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. We have the following vacancy and are looking for a talented individual with a strong desire to contribute to humanitarian work, and commit to the aims and values of MSF to join our team in Taipei.
Finance & Admin Manager
Manage and control a full range of finance and accounting activities of MSF Taiwan (MSF TW) in accordance with the accounting principles generally acceptable in Taiwan, MSF TW Financial Policies and MSF International accounting standards to ensure compliance with the applicable regulations and laws of Taiwan, promote transparency and uphold accountability for the efficiency use of financial resources provided by donors of MSF TW; as well as overseeing administrative operations to ensure the comprehensive support to the activities of the MSF TW.
- Maintain proper accounting of financial transactions and activities of MSF TW in accordance with the laws, regulations, accounting principles and standards applicable in Taiwan and MSF International. Ensure quality accounting & financial reports or statements are provided in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and provide useful/relevant financial analysis in supporting strategic planning and management of the organization.
- Plan, forecast and manage funds flows between Taiwan, regional head office (Hong Kong), MSF Operational Centres and Partner Sections according to applicable agreements to ensure utilization of financial resources is optimized and sustain respective planned operations and activities of parties concerned.
- Work with Regional Head Office to establish, enhance and implement appropriate policies and procedures to ensure financial controls are in place and consistently complied with to safeguard & efficient use of financial resources of MSF TW, promote transparency and uphold accountability to donors.
- Maintain proper procurement procedures and accounting record. Ensure the procurement practices and processes are in compliance with appropriate policies and procedures.
- Lead, manage and develop the finance and accounting team to ensure they perform at a competent level.
- Oversee the internal service and office management of MSF TW leases (premises) maintenance and up-keeping.
- University Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum 5 years of experiences & responsibilities in full scope of finance & accounting activities (TW GAAP & IFRS) in large MNCs
- Professionally qualified accountant with at least 5 years post-qualification experiences in similar position
- Knowledge & minimum 3 years of experiences in financial risks management, develop & implement financial policies & procedures of financial controls
- Professional attitude, pay attention to detail
- Strong in problem solving
- Team work & collaborative
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Proficiency in MS Office in particular MS Excel
- Knowledge in common accounting system applications e.g. SAGE, SAP
How to apply?
Please apply with a letter of motivation (in English) and full resume (in both English and Chinese), with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected]. Applicants not invited for interview within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières Hong Kong Limited.