Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. We offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. We have the following vacancy and are looking for a talented individual with a strong desire to contribute to humanitarian work, and commit to the aims and values of MSF to join our team in Taipei.
Manage, coordinate and oversee all public communications works of MSF in Taiwan, in close coordination with Regional Communications Manager in Hong Kong, to ensure the coherence and relevance of that work undertaken within the broad regional communications vision and strategy and Taipei office vision. The overall aim being to raise visibility and acceptance, increase awareness and promote profile and identity of the organisation and its worldwide activities and humanitarian concerns via press, digital, events and targeted groups amongst the general public.
- Drive the development and formulation of public communications strategy in Taiwan for the key audiences, taking into account different communications needs amongst different units, sensitivities, language as well as culture, and ensure that it is coherent with the overall MSF ambition in Taiwan
- Ensure increased and improved awareness of MSF identity, humanitarian work and concerns, through delivery of timely information and effective/efficient channels and approaches
- Ensure concrete contacts and network with key local and international media representatives in Taiwan
- Coordinate MSF public communications activities in Taiwan to ensure that all communications work is timely, targeted, mutually supportive and coherently promote the varying objectives of public awareness, fundraising, and field recruitment.
- Lead the promotion strategy of public events and other visibility activities of MSF in Taiwan
- Act as the primary reference point for Chinese translations issues in Taiwan and consistencies across all units
- Supervise, coach and handle relevant human resources management of one Communications Officer, Digital Officer, and Events Officer
- Editorial support with the regional communications team in Hong Kong and mainland China
- Appropriate planning and allocations of resources and budget under communications
- Maybe delegated to be the spokesperson for media interviews and speaking engagements in Taiwan, when necessary
- University graduate
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the field of journalism or public relations, with at least two of those in a managerial/supervisory capacity
- Strong interest and knowledge of world affairs
- Good knowledge of local and regional media in Taiwan
- Commitment to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières
- Ability to work independently but also a good team player
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Good presentation and solid experience in translation and copy writing
- Ability to work under pressure and to respect deadlines
- Flexible working hours
How to apply?
Please apply with a letter of motivation (in English) and full resume (in both English and Chinese), with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected]. Applicants not invited for interview within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières Hong Kong Limited.