Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong is looking for a talent individual with a strong desire to work in an international NGO to fill the following position based in Hong Kong:
Fundraising Officer (Foundations)
The major responsibilities are:
- To independently implement foundation fundraising programmes in order to raise the amount of donation income from foundations as devised in the Annual Plan
- Recruit new foundations and join networking events to identify potential new foundations; and handle existing foundation relationships and cultivate existing foundations
- Writing and submission of project proposals as well as interim reports and annual reports to foundations
- Management of day-to-day working relationship with internal and third-party service providers in support for timely implementation of fundraising programmes
- Ensure that funds are solicited, collected, and allocated according to the objectives and funding needs of MSF operations, as well as within the policies of MSF
- Produce post-campaign analysis according to the framework defined by the Regional Philanthropy Manager to ensure that campaign objectives are met
- Participate in relevant working groups for fundraising/ knowledge sharing and acquiring as assigned
- Provide professional Chinese & English copywriting and translation for fundraising purpose as needed
The Ideal Candidate
- University graduate
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in corporate relations, marketing or fundraising. Experience working in an NGO is a bonus;
- Evidence a strong interest in humanitarian affairs and a commitment to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières;
- Excellent editorial skills and experience in proposal writing;
- Strong project management skills and detailed-orientated;
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin).
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, be able to multi-task, and be willing to assist with tasks outside direct job description;
- Be willing to occasionally work during weekends or special events;
- Enjoy working in an environment with co-workers of different nationalities, races and cultures;
- Have a proactive personality, and be spontaneous in initiating suggestions or actions to achieve objectives and improve donor relations
- Have strong customer service skills, be comfortable with public speaking and have a friendly, approachable demeanor.
How to apply?
Send us your motivation letter and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected]. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Medecins San Frontieres (HK) Limited.