Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong is looking for a suitable individual with a strong desire to work in an international NGO for the following position to be based in Hong Kong:
Director of Finance & Administration
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance & Administration leads and coordinates the finance, accounting, IT and office administration activities of MSF Hong Kong (MSF-HK).
- Oversee, direct and manage the finance and accounting activities of MSF-HK in accordance with the accounting principles generally acceptable in Hong Kong, MSF-HK Financial Policies and MSF International accounting standards to ensure compliance with the partnership convention with the relevant MSF Operational Centres, applicable regulations and laws of Hong Kong; promote transparency and accountability to donors and other stakeholders of MSF-HK.
- Establish and enhance appropriate policies and procedures to ensure financial controls are in place and consistently complied with to safeguard & efficient use of financial resources of MSF-HK, promote transparency and uphold accountability to donors and other stakeholders.
- Represent MSF-HK for all financial matters within MSF movement and contribute and actively engage in finance, risk and audit platforms in the Operational Centre of Brussels and the wider movement.
- Oversee the IT activities to align with MSF-HK’s strategic vision.
- Supervise the Administrative Officer to ensure the operations of MSF Hong Kong office are effectively functioned and premises well maintained.
- Lead, manage and develop the staff of Finance & Administration Department to ensure they perform at a competent level to deliver their agreed objectives.
- Contribute and actively engage as a member of the Management Team in the strategic decision making of MSF-HK and in the development, orientation, and strategic choices of the organization as well as assuring good functioning and coherence across different functions of the office.
- Support the Board of Directors to promote sound governance.
- Share the MSF values and humanitarian spirit
- Degree holder or above, with minimum 15 years of progressive experience in Finance and Accounting, including at least 5 years at a senior level, preferably in a multinational organization/public organization
- Certified Public Accountant
- Significant experience in business management
- Understanding and sound knowledge with experience of Hong Kong’s administration, IT, auditing and banking practice
- Experience in overseeing the effective implementation and ongoing management of information technology services including computer networking, telecommunications, and audio-visual equipment as well as physical facilities, security systems, and office services would be an advantage
- Awareness of legal questions
- Strong organizational, management and planning skills
- Impeccable judgment with strong interpersonal, networking, and diplomacy skills in the management of stakeholder expectations
- Rigorous and analytical thinking, able to balance the big picture and maintain necessary attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Flexibility and spirit of cooperation
- Negotiation ability, initiative, and strong global vision
- Ability to work under pressure and to respect deadlines
- Fluency in written and spoken Cantonese and English
- Willing to travel to MSF field projects
- Extensive working knowledge of SAGE business accounting software is a plus
How to apply?
MSF Hong Kong will offer a remuneration package of 12 months basic salary benchmarked in INGO with no discretionary bonus. Interested parties, please send your letter of motivation, full resume, expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected] by 19 July 2019. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières Hong Kong Limited.