Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Operations Support Unit Manager, Southeast Asia
Reporting to the Director of Operations Support Unit (OSU), incumbent of this position supports MSF social mission by developing and maintaining an expertise in emergencies and key humanitarian dossiers (with focus on SE Asia). The major responsibilities are:
- Leads MSF-HK’s emergency response support in the region through monitoring, networking, analysis, assessment and response.
- Leads the roll-out and further development of the Reaction Assessment Collaboration Hub (REACH) platform.
- Manages research dossiers in close consultation with the ASEAN Representative, OSU Director, and regional operations.
- Provides support to MSF operations through the knowledge and understanding gained from the dossiers.
- Establishes a network of experts on key issues to support MSF operations, representation and advocacy.
- Ensures continuity of OSU work by collaborating with and acting as back-up to the OSU Director and team members as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
- University Graduate, preferably in health-related or humanitarian fields
- Experience in emergencies and in the region
- MSF experience, ideally at Field Coordinator level and above, is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian issues
- Knowledge and understanding of geopolitical issues, with focus on Southeast Asia
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and project volunteers to deliver objectives on time
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Good diplomatic and representational skills
- Excellent language skills in written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel to MSF field projects
- Commitment to the aims and values of MSF
How to apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with current and expected salary and date of availability by e-mail to [email protected]. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières (HK) Limited.