Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong is looking for a suitable individual with a strong desire to work in an international NGO for the following position to be based in Hong Kong:
Field Human Resources Manager
Reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources, the incumbent of this position will manage the Field HR team to achieve ambitions of the MSF-HK HR strategy and the annual plan for the Asia region in support of the operational and emergency needs of MSF Operation Centers. He/She will be responsible for developing specific programs and implementing HR initiatives under the broader HR vision and strategy to attract, develop, engage, and retain field workers in the region, as well as planning, organizing and managing the various projects and initiatives under the scope of MSF-HK Field HR Team. The principal accountabilities are highlighted below.
- Assist the Director of Human Resources to develop, review, and implement the annual activities and budget plans to achieve its longer-term strategic vision for the region in the Field HR areas.
- Accountable for identifying opportunities, planning and executing HR marketing, communications, and lobbying activities with relevant professional organizations, NGOs, policy makers in the health systems, academic institutions in the region.
- Develop, lead, and drive regional recruitment strategy and oversee the quality and implementation of these programs and selection activities in the region.
- Define KPI and regularly track performance to ensure the team delivers agreed results in quantitative aspect of the annual targets.
- Support the Director of Human Resources to organize and coordinate the implementation of regional HR projects (e.g. labour market analysis, etc.) and international HR dossiers.
- Take the lead in GDPR / PDPO compliance – ensuring all data handling and storage activities of Field HR are compliant and well documented.
- Manage, coach and develop direct reports by setting objectives and personal development plans, providing regular feedbacks and driving performance. Providing advice and support in the practice of their respective tasks to achieve the team’s overall goal.
- Participate in various technical working groups and HR platforms to develop and maintain good working relationships and personal networks with HR stakeholders in the movement i.e. decision-makers in the Operational Centers, pool managers, technical referents, and the field/mission levels to facilitate matching expats from the HK to the right field mission
- Work together with Field Admin team to review and improve existing Field HR processes, tools and systems, and develop new ones
- Establish and implement proper and accurate data gathering on Field HR and acts as a focal point for the team in terms of Field HR-related data analytics. Will be the focal point for any Field HR-related data requests and or analysis.
- Act as key user of the HRIS to generate analytics and insights for proactive talent mapping and workforce planning by the Field HR Admin team
- Representing MSF-HK HR on Field HR related matter internally within MSF-HK and externally including collaborating and supporting with Communications Department and Fundraising Department on events, delegating to other team members if necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Commitment to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières.
- At least 7 years’ experience in human resources management or relevant fields, including a minimum of 2 years in managerial / supervisory capacity
- Minimum 1 year of project management experience
- MSF field experience is an asset
- Good communication skills, including public speaking and excellent writing and reporting skills
- Excellent cross cultural awareness
- Strong team development and coaching skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Proactive in networking and building relationships
- Strong behavioral flexibility and able to manage stress
- Able to perform in both team and individual settings
- Results- and quality- driven
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Willing to undertake frequent travel and to work outside a 9-5 schedule
How to Apply?
Please send your motivation letter and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected] by 30 September 2019. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Medecins San Frontieres (HK) Limited.