Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is looking for a talent with a strong background in fundraising, team management and business development to fill the following position based in Singapore:
Philanthropy Manager (Singapore)
- Develop and implement the fundraising strategy for Singapore, including but not limited to annual budget and planning, drive and develop local fundraising team to achieve target, explore and identify opportunity in the region
- Work closely with MSF Hong Kong Deputy Director of Fundraising in completing the quarterly review and forecast exercise; and the subsequent fundraising system computation
- Explore the feasibility, defining and implementing the strategy to develop the Major Gifts donor base
- Develop Singapore market via private solicitation with key focuses on MNC Asia Pacific headquarters, trusts/foundations, minority ethnic groups, corporate partnerships activities and any potential unexplored segments.
- Development of and execution of holistic programmes/events to engage and cultivate existing donors/solicit potential supporters/donors.
- Assist MSF Hong Kong on Singapore Office (CLG) registration
- Manage the office and maintain positive working relations, to make sure all acts of the office comply with local statutory requirements and organizational policies
- Min. 5 years major donor fundraising experience including significant experience with personal solicitation
- Strong manager; facilitator; integrator, with minimum 3 years of staff management experience
- Strong interpersonal, public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent level in written and spoken English. Written and spoken Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) is a definite strong asset
- Experience with donor databases and contacts management
- Commitment to the aims, values and principles of MSF; ability to engage and understand MSF’s social mission and carries a strong believe in how the function of fundraising is adding value to it
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to handle a large volume of work under pressure and with deadlines
- Proactive and can work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Flexible travel schedule; must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business travel, as well as to MSF field projects
- Moral commitment of a minimum of 3 years
- Singapore resident/citizen is preferred
How to Apply?
Interested parties, please send your motivation letter and full resume with current and expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to our Singapore partner at [email protected]. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.