Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong is looking for a talent with a strong background in managing public communications and a desire to further the organisation’s aims to fill the following position based in Hong Kong:
Regional Communications Manager
Reporting directly to the Director of Communications, the major responsibilities of this position are:
- Coordinate MSF Hong Kong public communications priorities in Hong Kong, mainland China, and Taiwan to ensure that all communications work is timely, targeted, and coherently promote the varying objectives of public awareness, Fundraising, HR and representation.
- Ensure that awareness is raised and accurate, transparent and timely information on MSF’s activities worldwide as well as our humanitarian principles and concerns is delivered to specific audiences
- Drive the development and formulation of public communications strategies for the key audiences in Hong Kong
- Advise the branch offices in the region on key strategy, priorities and addressing challenges taking into account different communications needs, languages and culture, and make sure that they are in coherence with the overall communications strategy of MSF Hong Kong
- Gate-keep the content of MSF Hong Kong public communications materials in mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan for quality and accuracy
- Act as the primary reference point for Chinese translation issues and consistency
- Supervise, coach and handle the relevant human resources management of one Communications Officer for Hong Kong, freelancer/s, intern/s
- Act as professional reference point for the Communications Manager (China) and the Communications Manager (Taiwan)
- May be delegated to be the spokesperson for media interviews in Hong Kong when necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- University graduate with a minimum of 7 years’ work experience in the field of journalism or public relations, of which at least 2 years are in a managerial/supervisory capacity. Experience with MSF is advantageous.
- Good knowledge of local and regional media in Hong Kong, mainland China and Taiwan
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Strong interest and knowledge of world affairs
- Proven experience on project managing creative campaigns is highly desirable
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Good standard and solid experience in translation
- Able to work independently but also a good team player
- Able to work under pressure and to respect deadlines
- Willing to work flexible hours and to travel to other MSF offices or field projects
- Committed to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières
How to Apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected] by 25 Nov 2019. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières (HK) Limited.