Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Philanthropy Officer (Corporate and Foundation)
Our dynamic Fundraising Department is responsible for raising funds to meet the financial needs of our organization which allows MSF to carry out its mission effectively and efficiently. You will join a dynamic team that is responsible for raising and managing corporate and foundation donors. You will manage your own portfolio of donors representing multiple fundraising channels such as sponsorship, philanthropy and employee giving. Daily functions will include regular communication with and stewardship of corporate and foundation contacts, developing proposals and reports, managing communications, answering incoming inquiries, and collaborating with peers in overlapping areas of interest.
Reporting to the Regional Philanthropy Manager, the major responsibilities of this position are:
- Manage all aspects of cultivation and stewardship of a select portfolio of corporate and foundation donors;
- Assist in solicitation and pitching for event sponsorship, monetary contributions, matching gifts programs and in-house fundraising events;
- Engage in networking opportunities to garner introductions to new prospects;
- Build knowledge of MSF and international news and regularly attend organizational meetings and internal programs from the field;
- Participate in development of annual plans and strategies to meet MSF priority funding needs aligned with organisational objectives and policies;
- Writing and submission of project proposals as well as interim reports and annual reports to donors;
- Provide professional Chinese & English copywriting and translation as needed;
- Provide general administrative support when required
The Ideal Candidate
- University graduate;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in corporate relations, marketing or fundraising. Experience working in an NGO is a bonus;
- Evidence a strong interest in humanitarian affairs and a commitment to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières;
- Excellent editorial skills and experience in proposal writing;
- Strong project management skills and detailed-orientated;
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin).
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, be able to multi-task, and be willing to assist with tasks outside direct job description;
- Be willing to occasionally work during weekends or special events;
- Enjoy working in an environment with co-workers of different nationalities, races and cultures;
- Have a proactive personality, and be spontaneous in initiating suggestions or actions to achieve objectives and improve donor relations
- Have strong customer service skills, be comfortable with public speaking and have a friendly, approachable demeanor.
How to apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with current and expected salary and date of availability by e-mail to [email protected] . Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Medecins San Frontieres Hong Kong Limited.