Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Director of Operations Support Unit
Director of Operations Support Unit (OSU) leads the Unit in order to achieve its vision to be the resource and support centre for MSF on Southeast Asia and China, contributing to MSF’s social mission through its knowledge and understanding of, network and reactivity in the region.
Reporting directly to Executive Director of MSF Hong Kong (MSF-HK), the principal accountabilities are highlighted below:
- Leads the OSU in defining its objectives and strategy, ensuring coherence with the vision and objectives of MSF-HK, regional operations, and the wider movement
- Manages and coaches the members of the OSU to deliver their respective objectives within the defined guidelines, policies and regulations
- Together with the members of the OSU, provides support, research and analysis to MSF operations, representation and advocacy in the region.
- Coordinates all the emergency response support functions within MSF-HK.
- Leads the OSU engagement in regional and movement-wide platforms and initiatives
- Represents MSF-HK in operations-related matters internally within the MSF movement and externally with humanitarian actors, partners, contacts and strategic interlocutors
- Contributes and actively engages in the strategic orientations and policy/decision making in the MSF-HK Management Team
The Ideal Candidate
- University Graduate with 5 years of field experience, including coordination position and emergency interventions (in the region is an asset)
- With good knowledge of INGO’s emergency structure and emergency response management.
- Knowledge of the regional disaster response dynamic and the region in general is an asset
- Strategic thinker with good management skills
- High stress tolerance, flexibility, patience and diplomatic skills
- Able to work independently
- Good at and comfortable with networking, building and maintaining relations by email and telephone
- Fluent in spoken and written English (B2 Level)
- Medical profile is an asset
- Strong humanitarian motivation
- Strong interest in humanitarian crisis response and networks
- Willingness to travel frequently overseas and to work in emergency situations
How to apply?
MSF Hong Kong will offer a remuneration package of 12 months basic salary benchmarked in INGO with no discretionary bonus. Interested parties, please send your letter of motivation, full resume, expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected] by 22 March 2020. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières (HK) Limited.