Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Mental Health Activity Manager (3 months)
The Mental Health Activity Manager defines, implements and coordinates all mental health related activities of MSF in Hong Kong. The principal accountabilities of this position are highlighted below:
- Manage COVID-19 mental health activities:
- Conduct and ensure quality of mental health workshops
- Develop, update and assist in production of tools and materials, e.g. videos, leaflets
- Provide guidance to other staff and volunteers
- Mapping of all available Mental Health services
- Network and interact with Mental Health services providers (public, NGO…)
- Assess and evaluate the mental health needs in different groups
- Propose Mental Health strategy for MSF in Hong Kong to identify and prioritize target groups and their needs, and if and how MSF can address the needs
- Develop mental health messages to be transferred to the identified target groups
- Based on theoretical psychology content
- By priority of needs
- Adapted to cultural awareness
- Develop tools to evaluate and monitor the impact of MSF mental health activities
- Supervise psychological consultation through peers in case of extreme emergency
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in psychology / counselling / social work with MSF / INGO experience in similar proposition
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written); Cantonese & Mandarin is desirable.
- Computer literacy (word, excel and internet) is essential
- Committed to the principles of MSF
- Demonstrate cross-cultural awareness and behavioral flexibility
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership, planning and organizing, and analytical skills
- Results and quality orientated as well as service orientated
- High stress tolerance
- Good at people management and development; and enjoy teamwork
- Good at and comfortable with networking, building and maintaining relationships
- Capacity to Negotiate
- Sense of security awareness
How to apply?
Interested parties, please send your letter of motivation, full resume, expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected] on or before 28 May 2020. Applicants not invited for interview within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières (HK) Limited.