Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Director of Fundraising
The main job purpose of the Director of Fundraising is to define, develop, execute and evaluate Fundraising strategic plans and approaches in Hong Kong, Greater China and South East Asia region in order to support the operational needs of MSF Operational Center Brussels and Operational Center Amsterdam in particular and for the Movement in general. The fundraising strategy will also fall within MSF Fundraising principles and in line with MSF Global Private Fundraising Strategic Guideline.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Principal Accountabilities are highlighted below:
- Deliver the quantitative and qualitative fundraising objectives: target income growth, donors service standard, fundraising strategies within the defined fundraising expenditures
- Ensure that Fundraising processes are in compliance with the guidelines and policies of MSF, audit requirements, as well as the legal requirements of Hong Kong, or the respective local region
- Steer, manage and coach all staff under the Fundraising Department to deliver the set objectives and within the defined guidelines, policies and regulations
- Represent MSF-HK in all Fundraising related matters internally within the MSF movement and externally with donors, ensuring that MSF is accountable and transparent to its donors regarding to MSF’s fund allocation decision
- Manage all donor services and channels to be operated in an efficient and effective protocol and that the personal and confidential data are safely kept in compliance with global (e.g. GDPR) and local legal requirements
- Participate in the Management Team Platform and fulfill the respective mandate per the framework of Management Team of MSF-HK
- Contribute and actively engage in the strategic orientations and policy/decision making in the MSF-HK Management Team (Executive)
The Ideal Candidate
- Commitment to the aims and values of Medecins Sans Frontieres;
- Bachelor degree or above in business management, administration, marketing or communication
- 10 years working experience or more, of which at least 5 years at supervisory level; strategic thinking and substantial experience in contributing to an organization’s strategy; and developed leadership, management and team building skills, including experience managing large teams
- Considerable experience in marketing or business development, with a proven track record in the planning & management against budget, timescale and deadlines;
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of Hong Kong charity fundraising market; Asian region experience will be an asset
- Experience working with major donors and major pledge solicitation is a definite asset;
- Proven ability to demonstrate initiative, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit, autonomously, to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to deliver speeches to high profile audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with great autonomy and under tight deadlines and pressure
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally including to MSF field projects;
- Excellent command of written and spoken Chinese and English is a must; Mandarin/Putonghua is an asset
- Preferable with experience working for a humanitarian organization
- Based in Hong Kong with frequent international travels including in destitute and potentially unstable/insecure locations
How to Apply?
MSF Hong Kong will offer a remuneration package of 12 months basic salary benchmarked in INGO with no discretionary bonus. Interested parties, please send your letter of motivation, full resume, expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected]. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Medecins San Frontieres (HK) Limited.