Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Human Resources Director
- Lead, develop and manage Human Resources strategic plans, policies and approaches
- to ensure the long-term human resources needs for MSF-HK to achieve it’s strategic objectives
- to enhance the organizational structure and foster a collaborative and highly engaged HR environment for MSF-HK to support its goals; and
- to source and maintain a talented pool of field workers to meet with the operational needs of the movement in general and OCB in particular
Reporting directly to Executive Director, the Principal Accountabilities are highlighted in below:
- Develop HR objectives, strategies and plans in alignment with MSF-HK's long-term vision and short-term goals
- Oversee the full spectrum of human resources functional areas for Hong Kong Office, including manpower planning, talent recruitment, compensation and benefits, policies formulation & implementation, HRIS enhancement, performance management and learning and development
- Ensure compliance and alignment of HR policies and implementation of HR programmes in the offices/teams in the region (across South East Asia, Hong Kong, Beijing, Taipei, Singapore)
- Develop appropriate strategies, policies and initiatives to recruit, motivate, develop and retain field workers in the region to meet MSF’s operational needs
- Contribute and actively engage in the strategic orientations and policy/decision making in the MSF-HK Management Team
- Contributes and participates in HR initiatives, projects and programs with Operational Centre in Brussels (OCB) and in the International Human Resources Directors platform
- Partner and engage with all functional heads to provide a strategic, proactive approach to their human resource needs
- Demonstrate leadership ability that supports the goals, mission and values of MSF-HK
- Develop and implement the annual and long term HR plan/budget of MSF HK
- Initiate HR policy/program development, review and/or re-definition in light of legislative changes, regional HR practices and trends to ensure appropriate HR solutions are implemented throughout the regional offices and ensure that all HR policies & practices are in compliance with local employment laws
- Provide oversight to the operational processes, including recruitment, selection, mission placement, career guidance and management, training & development of field workers
- Lead lobbying activities with the relevant societies/institutions/governments as appropriate
- Identify, analyze and evaluate trends and relevant data and revise current HR policies and strategies accordingly
- Manage and further develop Peers Support activities in relation to the scope of Human resources development
- Oversee the HR administration team to ensure provision of effective and efficient operations to achieve the team’s and the organization’s goals
- Cultivate and maintain relationship with other MSF offices to foster collaboration and best practice sharing on human resources matters that enhance the growth and achievement of MSF-HK.
- Contribute to selected international HR dossiers that catalyse impact, transformation and shared responsibility across OCs and the movement
The Ideal Candidate
- University degree, preferably in Human Resources Management
- A minimum of 10 years’ working experience of which at least 4 years’ HR professional experience in a management and strategic development role
- MSF experience, preferably in the field
- Work experience in Asia and strong network within the HR community in the region is an advantage
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and negotiation skills
- Stress and conflict management ability
- Highly aware and sensitive to diverse cultures and customs
- Project management skills of international HR projects is preferrable
- Fluent in English language both spoken and written essential
- Cantonese/Mandarin is preferred
- Ability to travel including to MSF field projects
- Commitment to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières.
How to apply?
MSF Hong Kong will offer a remuneration package of 12 months basic salary benchmarked in INGO with no discretionary bonus. Interested parties, please send your letter of motivation, full resume, expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to email@example.com. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières (HK) Limited.