Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Project Supervisor (Digital Platform and Web) – 1 year contract
- Lead, optimize, plan and manage the assets and technology behind MSF’s websites, mobile app and digital platforms – including website revamp, mobile app development, CMS updates or migrations, ecommerce systems, APIs and system integrations.
- Monitor operational performance and service availability of website, mobile app and digital platforms.
- Actively identify issues that may impact organisational objectives and recommend and implement actions to mitigate.
- Pro-actively review and improve fundraising systems and processes. Ensure ecommerce donation systems are maintained, modules are updated, and bugs are fixed in a timely manner, and that the systems enjoy maximum uptime.
- Collaborate with digital fundraising to ensure that the ecommerce platform is optimised for conversion and user experience.
- Investigate, test and implement new payment methods and technologies (e.g. Apple Pay, Stripe, Samsung Pay) in line with fundraising objectives.
- Lead and prioritise projects involving the web systems, mobile app and digital platforms, ensuring ultimate deliverables including the project scope and budget based on organisational and departmental objectives.
- Produce project planning documents, action plans, timelines, budgets, and briefs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate metrics.
- Consults regularly with the HK team on project development, budget requirements, investment needs and innovation initiatives.
- Provide technical support for websites and digital platforms to all internal MSF departments, including Communications, Fundraising, Field and Officer HR and Operations.
- Ensure effective, timely and open communication within and across departments.
- Management, oversight and direction of key vendor partnerships and external suppliers within platform scope.
- As required, evaluate and recommend new suppliers and ensure relevant internal legal and financial compliance processes are followed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor degree or above in Business, Marketing, I.T., Project Management or related discipline
- 3 to 5 years’ experience managing websites, mobile app and digital platforms for a large-scale organisation.
- Proven industry experience working in high performing dev-ops/platform engineering environment.
- Hands on experience with programming languages such as HTML, CSS and a mobile-first design approach
- Understanding the security principles
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Experience in optimising for speed and scalability
- Experience working with web reporting, tracking and optimisation tools such as Optimizely, Hot Jar, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager.
- Experience in technical aspects of SEO implementation, optimising user experience (UI, UA and UX)
- Experience in design thinking processes and methodology
- 5+ years PHP development experience
- 3+ years Drupal experience, including custom module development
- Linux (Ubuntu), Apache2, MySQL, PHP5 and PHP7 experience
How to apply?
Interested parties, please send your motivation letter and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to email@example.com. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières (HK) Limited.