Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
The Publications Coordinator is responsible for the effective communication of the medical humanitarian action of the Médecins Sans Frontières movement and humanitarian concerns to relevant audiences including the wider general public.
Reporting directly to Editorial & Content Production Manager, the Principal Accountabilities are highlighted below:
- Plan and manage the Traditional Chinese and English editions of MSF Hong Kong publications (print and online versions), ensuring high quality, consistency and accuracy
- Develop publications strategy to achieve the overall communications objectives and organisational goals, in coordination with key relevant departments
- Give voice and visibility to various issues to build understanding about the impact of MSF’s medical humanitarian action
- Draft or edit MSF HK publications content to ensure they are written accurately, concisely and correctly, and comply with MSF styleguide
- Write and translate complex issues and topics into meaningful messages that resonates to target audiences
- Lead the adaptation of key movement-wide reports and publications tailored to our target audience in Hong Kong and the region
- Liaise and develop working relations with internal and external stakeholders including graphic designers, writers, freelancers, and agencies
- Provide editorial experience and guidance related to publications and publishing matters
- Manage the publications budget, in consultation with the supervisor
- Support monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the dissemination strategy and propose a plan to increase impact
- Support the editorial coordination and content development as required by the supervisor
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree or tertiary qualification in Communications, Journalism or related field
- At least five years of relevant experience in the editorial and publications field, preferably within the communications department of a private, public or not-for-profit organization
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly in writing for a lay audience
- Outstanding writing and editing skills in Chinese and English
- Experience in project management
- Uphold high quality standard and attention to details
- Experience in producing Annual Reports and stakeholders’ magazines
- Experience in developing publications for online audience and creative design are advantage
- Proven ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to liaise with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Médecins Sans Frontières
How to apply?
Send your motivation letter and full resume with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to . Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières (HK) Limited.