Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Strategic Development Manager / Director
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong is seeking a dedicated and experienced person to drive the strategic planning and execution process leading to achieving our strategic ambitions. This role is instrumental in ensuring the alignment of our organizational strategy and goals with our vision, facilitating efficient resource allocation, and enhancing the overall contribution of MSF Hong Kong to our social missions.
The successful individual at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Hong Kong holds a crucial position within the organization, overseeing the development and execution of strategic plans to maximize the contribution of the partner section to MSF social missions. This role requires a deep commitment to MSF's mission, a strong understanding of the regional landscape, and the ability to navigate complex challenges while maintaining a focus on outcomes
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Strategic Planning and Implementation:
- Collaborate closely with senior leadership and relevant departments to develop, refine, and execute the strategic plan for MSF Hong Kong.
- Develop relevant initiatives and plans in support of regionalization.
- Refine and coordinate the annual planning process
- Ensure that all projects and activities align with the strategic goals and vision of MSF.
2. Performance Measurement and Reporting:
- Establish and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to monitor the implementation of the strategic plan and the annual plans.
- Generate regular reports and presentations for senior management and the Board of Directors to provide insights into the progress and outcomes of strategic initiatives.
3. Risk Management:
- Identify potential risks and challenges that could impact MSF's operations and humanitarian efforts in Hong Kong.
- Develop risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Keep senior management informed of potential obstacles and propose solutions.
4. Resource Allocation:
- Work with relevant departments to allocate resources, including budget, personnel, and other assets, in accordance with the strategic plan.
- Monitor resource utilization to ensure efficiency and alignment with strategic priorities.
5. Stakeholder Engagement:
- Foster effective communication and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, including OCs, IO, relevant Partner sections and branch office with a view to informing and garnering support to our strategic plan and regionalization approach.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are aware of and support MSF's strategic goals and humanitarian mission.
6. Continuous Improvement:
- Stay informed about global humanitarian trends, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Continuously evaluate and refine the strategic planning process to enhance its relevance and impact.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and growth in the context of humanitarian medical assistance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, with a Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years working experience and at least 5 years in managerial / supervisory capacity.
- Substantial experience in strategic planning, project management, or a related role in the humanitarian sector.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on mission-driven objectives.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis and relevant software tools.
- Knowledge of the humanitarian sector, including the challenges and dynamics.
- Strong leadership abilities and the capacity to inspire and collaborate with a diverse team.
- Ability to think critically and make evidence-based decisions.
How to apply?
MSF Hong Kong will offer a remuneration package of 12 months basic salary benchmarked in INGO with no discretionary bonus. Interested parties, please send your letter of motivation, full resume, expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Please read the “Personal Information Collection Statement” before providing any personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières (HK) Limited.