MSF needs Midwife to provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MSF obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and newborn caring standards, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications.
Some of the responsibilities as midwife include :
- the reinforcement of the implementation of standardized protocols for pregnancy and delivery care, sexual violence victim care, family planning, prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV/AIDS, prevention of sexually transmitted disease, abortion care, etc.
- organisational aspects (human resource management, pharmacy management, gathering of statistical data, etc), as well as training supervision, evaluation and guidance of team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in midwifery
- 2 years experience as midwife (extensive experience in managing prenatal and post-natal check up, normal delivery, complicated delivery and delivery such as breech, twins and shoulder dystocia, will be a big asset), and at least 1 year of working experience in a tropical context is an asset
- Management experience is an asset
- Availability for 6 - 12 months for each assignment.
- Adhere to our Behavioral Commitments and MSF Charter