Responsible for the management of medicines, medical supplies and medical equipment, processing orders, inventory, consumption follow-up, and distribution of quality-assured medicine to clinics and hospitals supported by MSF. Monitoring usage of pharmaceutical supplies and promotes its optimal use.
Framed in the Medical Department, will work with a multidisciplinary approach to ensure quality of care to the beneficiaries.
Close collaboration with the Supply Chain and Logistic Teams.
Some of the responsibiities can be :
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects
- Degree in Pharmacy
- Registered in a recognized professional body
- Minimum 2 years dispensing and stock managing experience, preferably in hospital setting
- Good knowledge of software (Microsoft excel, Microsoft word)
- Availability of at least 6 – 12 months per each assignment.
- Knowledge on TB, HIV/AIDS is added value
- Prior training and people management experience is essential
- Prior experience in clinical trials desirable
- Adhere to our Behavioral Commitments and MSF Charter