As a specialist in Water and Sanitation you support the medical team in identifying possible factors (practices, habits, sources, routes, etc.) related water, sanitation, hygiene and environment that affect human health.
Coordinating Water and Sanitation activities in collaboration with the medical and logistical teams.
Providing technical support to the teams and ensure the planning and implementation of the Water and Sanitation projects and their integrated activities.
Some responsibilities can be :
- Leading the design, technical implementation, acceptance and management of all assigned Watsan interventions (water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control and dead bodies management) and teams in the project.
- Leading the development of project proposals and/or work plans, when Watsan activities are integrated in medical interventions.
- Conducting Watsan assessments in collaboration with project medical teams to identify Watsan needs at the project level, and summarizing findings to the direct line manager and recommending appropriate responses. In emergency response situations at the project level, leading the development and planning of Watsan emergency strategies and resources planning, in collaboration with the medical and logistical teams
- Coordinating the execution of the Watsan activities and teams at the project level in order to meet quality indicators, time schedule and budget, preventing deviations and proposing immediate technical adjustments when necessary. Leading regular project meetings with the project’s Watsan Managers to facilitate the discussion and prompt resolution of problems, promoting regular exchange of information, and planning individual and joint activities
- Guiding processes of Watsan technical support to the project's medical team in identifying possible “risk factors” (e.g. behavioural practices, environmental sources of infection, and transmission routes) and controlling measures to address modes of transmission of infection and corresponding ways of controlling spread.
- At least 2 years of experience in designing and managing of water and sanitation construction projects, or other relevant professional experience.
- Water treatment, waste management and emergency sanitation system
- Diploma in hydraulic engineering. Other diplomas will be considered if relevant experience can be proved
- Availability 6 - 12 months per each assignment
- Adhere to our Behavioral Commitments and MSF Charter